Next up in my Denzel Washington season is a buddy film? This one’s from 2013 and co-stars Mark Wahlberg. It’s an action comedy but do the two actors work well together or does the humour fall flat on its face? Let’s find out, so without further ado here’s my 2 Guns Blu-ray Review.
- 2 Guns (2013)
- Genre: Action, Comedy
- Directed by Baltasar Kormákur
- Running Time: 109 mins
- UK Rating 15
- Discs: 1
- Released By Entertainment One
- Blu-ray Released: 9 December 2013
Robert “Bobby” Beans (Denzel Washington) and Michael “Stig” Stigman (Mark Wahlberg) are seemingly partners in criminal activities that sees them mixing with drug lords and robbing banks. The only problem is who can they really trust?
Style / Direction
The films directed by Baltasar Kormákur whilst the cinematography is handled by Oliver Wood. It’s a light hearted action comedy that gets the basics right. It’s a fun story with a few twists and there’s plenty of action and laughs along the way.
Music / Audio Effects
The music score comes from Clinton Shorter.
Acting / Characters
Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg bounce off each other very well and in doing so create a highly entertaining and fun buddy action film.
- Denzel Washington as DEA Special Agent Robert “Bobby” Trench
- Mark Wahlberg as USN Petty Officer Michael “Stig” Stigman
- Paula Patton as DEA Special Agent Deb Rees
- Bill Paxton as Earl
- James Marsden as USN Lieutenant Commander Harold Quince
- Fred Ward as USN Rear Admiral Tuwey
- Edward James Olmos as Manny “Papi” Greco
- Robert John Burke as DEA Special Agent Jessup
- Patrick Fischler as Dr. Ken
Conclusion: 2 Guns (2013) Film Review
2 Guns is exactly what I look for in an action comedy type of film. Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg work extremely well together whilst the action sequences are simply explosive. It’s a kind of a buddy movie like the way Lethal Weapon does it.
If you enjoyed my 2 Guns Blu-ray Review so far you may want to check out the following films:
Conclusion: 2 Guns Blu-ray Review
The movie is only from 2013 so the picture quality is flawless. Moving on to the extras reveals several short features which provide just enough interest. The must see extras has to be Living Dangerously.
- Click Click, Bang Bang: The Making of 2 Guns (6 mins)
- The Good, The Bad And The Sexy (8 mins)
- Finding The Vibe (7 mins)
- Living Dangerously (9 mins)
- Deleted Scenes
- Commentary With Producer Adam Siegel & Director Baltarsar Kormakur
On to my movie rating for 2 Guns (2013)
- Movie Rating: VERY GOOD
- Blu-ray Picture: EXCELLENT
- Extras: VERY GOOD
2 Guns (2013) is available now on Blu-ray.
Amazon UK Links
For those of you yet to see the film I’ll leave you with a little taster…
Clip may not representative of the Blu-ray version
So that concludes my 2 Guns Blu-ray review, I’m aiming to review at least one Denzel Washington film a week. What’s next? Check back soon…
Note: The Amazon links on this page are affiliate / associate links. By buying through the links we may receive a commission for the sale. This has no effect on the price you pay.
Summary: 2 Guns (2013) Blu-ray Review
Director(s): Baltasar Kormákur
Actor(s): Denzel Washington, Mark Wahlberg, Paula Patton, Bill Paxton, James Marsden, Fred Ward, Edward James Olmos
Genre: Action, Comedy
- Movie Rating
- Blu-ray Picture Rating
The perfect action comedy buddy film.