Superhero movies are all the rage these days and the latest to hit cinemas Avengers: Infinity War has apparently broken records by taking an estimated $630m (£457m) worldwide on its opening weekend at the box office.
If you happen to think that sounds a lot then you would be right as the previous holder of that record was The Fate of the Furious (2017) which could only manage a whopping $542m in its opening weekend. And as noted on the BBC website the latest Avengers film has yet to even open in China.
- US Cinema Charts April 20 2018
- UK Cinema Charts April 20 2018
- Cinema Releases April 27 2018
- The Oscars 2018 – Winners List In Full
For those unaware Avengers: Infinity War see’s many of Marvel’s superheroes come together in one film. Here are just a few of those actors and characters that feature:
Cast: Avengers: Infinity War
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / Hulk
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
- Josh Brolin as Thanos
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket
We will have the latest US and UK Top 10 box office movies in full on the site shortly so we can see how that $630 million box office takings breaks down.
Note: The Amazon links on this page are affiliate / associate links. By buying through the links we may receive a commission for the sale. This has no effect on the price you pay.