Eureka Entertainment are due to release Buster Keaton The Saphead on blu-ray later this August in the UK.
I’ve added a clip from Eureka’s new Buster Keaton release at the bottom of the page.
Buster Keaton: The Saphead Blu-ray
1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a restoration undertaken by the Cohen Film Collection from a first generation nitrate print– Eureka Entertainment
- Region: B
- Discs: 1
- Video: 1080p High Definition
- Aspect Ratio: TBA
- Audio: Uncompressed LPCM Stereo
- Running Time: 84 mins approx
- Rating: U
- Limited O-Card Slipcase (2000 copies)
- Score by Andrew Earle Simpson
- Brand New Audio Commentary with Film Historian/Writer David Kalat
- New Video Essay by David Cairns
- Complete Alternate Version of The Saphead (Comprised entirely of variant takes and camera angles)
- A Pair of Sapheads – Featurette Comparing the Two Versions of the Film
- The Scribe (1966, Dir. John Sebert) (29 mins)
- Previously Unheard Audio Commentary on The Scribe with Director John Sebert
- Buster Keaton in Conversation with Kevin Brownlow (2-hour audio interview with Keaton and film historian Kevin Brownlow from 1964)
- 1958 Buster Keaton Interview (90 mins)
- Buster Keaton: Radio Interview (Rarely heard interview with Keaton)
- Collector’s Booklet
You can pre-order now from Amazon for £18.55 (Price as of 11.08.22)
Alternativley you can purchase directly from Eureka Entertainment’s website for £17.99
The Amazon links on this page are affiliate / associate links. By buying through the links we may receive a commission for the sale.
Buster Keaton: The Saphead blu-ray releases on 29th August 2022 in the UK.
Recent Blu-ray News / Releases
Let Us Know What You Think
Are you a Buster Keaton fan? If so will you be picking up this Eureka Entertainment blu-ray release?
Let me know what you made of them over on the Popcorn Cinema Show Facebook page.
Don’t forget to check back soon for more UK blu-ray releases (Film & Television).