The Oscar Nominations 2023 are out so it’s time for a little fun as I predict a few of the winners. I don’t like the Oscars as they seem completely disconnected to the movie loving audiences that pay them!
Nevertheless these are my predictions!!!
Update 13.03.2023: Well what do I know? I only correctly predict one out of the four main categories and that was Brendan Fraser (The Whale).
- All Quiet on the Western Front
- Avatar: The Way of Water
- The Banshees of Inisherin
- Everything Everywhere All at Once – Winner
- The Fabelmans
- Top Gun: Maverick
- Triangle of Sadness
- Women Talking
Let’s be honest most of us would choose Top Gun: Maverick it’s highly entertaining and I loved it. However this is Hollywood so I think they will choose Tár.
- Cate Blanchett – Tár
- Ana de Armas – Blonde
- Andrea Riseborough – To Leslie
- Michelle Williams – The Fabelmans
- Michelle Yeoh – Everything Everywhere All at Once – Winner
This one’s harder to call but I go for Michelle Williams in The Fabelmans.
- Austin Butler – Elvis
- Colin Farrell – The Banshees of Inisherin
- Brendan Fraser – The Whale (Correctly Predicted)
- Paul Mescal – Aftersun
- Bill Nighy – Living
Hollywood likes to reward certain types of films so I think they will choose Brendan Fraser for The Whale.
- Martin McDonagh – The Banshees of Inisherin
- Daniel Kwan, Daniel Scheinert – Winner – Everything Everywhere All at Once
- Steven Spielberg – The Fabelmans
- Todd Field – Tár
- Ruben Östlund – Triangle of Sadness
None of these really stand out to me but I think the Oscar for Best Director will go to Todd Field (Tár).
In any case we will find out the real winners on 12th March 2023 and see how many I got right!
Let me know your predictions over on the Popcorn Cinema Twitter page.
What was my favourite film from 2022? Check out the film trailer below…
Upcoming Blu-ray Film & TV Titles
Upcoming DVD Film & TV Titles