If love seeing older titles being restored and released on to the Blu-ray format you should be keeping an eye on Powerhouse Film’s UK film label, the Indicator Series. November’s set of releases includes Eyes of Laura Mars (1978), for those not familiar with the film the story was written by John Carpenter. Whilst he did not direct or provide the music it’s still well regarded.
And Yet More Powerhouse Films / Indicator Series Blu-ray Releases
The Wonderful Worlds of Ray Harryhausen, Volume One: 1955-1960 which included It Came From Beneath The Sea (1955), 20 Million Miles To Earth (1957) & The 3 Worlds Of Gulliver (1960) came out in September with the first two receiving HD restorations and the third a 4K restoration. If you enjoyed those then get ready for volume two in November 2017.
Volume two of The Wonderful World Of Ray Harryhausen (1961-1964) contains the Mysterious Island (1961), Jason And The Argonauts (1963) & First Men In The Moon (1964). It’s available from the 13th November.
If you are looking forward to these releases you can pick this up on from either Amazon.co.uk or from Powerhouse Film’s website.
- PowerHouse Films to release Hammer Blu-ray Boxset
- Indicator Offers Replacement Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger Blu-ray disc
- John Carpenter Revisits and Directs A New ‘Christine’ Video
- Is MoviePass the future of cinema?
- Psycho II (1983) Blu-ray Review
- The Anderson Tapes (1971) Blu-ray Review
- Releases dates for both cinema & Blu-ray
Note: The Amazon links on this page are affiliate / associate links. By buying through the links we may receive a commission for the sale. This has no effect on the price you pay.