Eureka Entertainment has recently announced they are to bring Stephen King’s Cujo to Blu-ray in the UK for the first time. It’s a limited edition of only 4000 and comes with a 60 page collector’s booklet and over seven hours of extra content coming on two discs. It’s due for release on the 29th April 2019, I’ll go into more detail on those extras in a moment. Before that I need to address the elephant in the room, nowhere in the description does it state this is a re-mastered version merely stating:
1080p presentation of the film, on Blu-ray for the first time ever in the UK
This one’s a tough one to recommend but also an extremely alluring purchase and given the limited nature I can see them selling everyone of those 4000 copies.
For those not familiar with the film or story Cujo is a 1983 horror film about an initially friendly dog that later turns into you worst nightmare. The film is based on Stephen King’s novel of the same name from 1981. It stars Dee Wallace whom you may know from films such as The Hills Have Eyes (1977), The Howling (1981) and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982).
Stephen King’s Cujo Blu-ray Details
- Hardbound Slipcase
- Reversible sleeve
Now lets take a look at the extras included over the two discs:
- Audio Commentary by Author Lee Gambin
- Dee Wallace Interview (40 mins)
- Charles Bernstein (Composer) Interview (35 mins)
- Gary Morgan (Stuntman) Interview (25 mins)
- Jean Coulter (Stuntwoman) (21 mins)
- Marcia Ross (Casting director) (20 mins)
- Kathie Lawrence (Visual Effects Artist) (13 mins)
- Robert Clark (Special Effects Designer (12 mins)
- Teresa Miller (Dog Trainer) (28 mins)
- Dog Days: The Making of Cujo Archival Documentary on the Film’s Production (42 mins)
- Q&A with Dee Wallace from Cinemaniacs & Monster Fest 2015 (96 mins)
- New interview with critic & author Kim Newman (25 mins)
I plan on picking up this one but have genuine concerns over the picture quality going off previous Eureka Entertainment releases only claiming to be a 1080p presentation. Keep a look out for the review, there’s no date on the standard Blu-ray which only comes with one disc.
You can pre-order Stephen King’s Cujo over at Amazon.co.uk I’ll add the link below along with a little taster with the film trailer.
Amazon UK Link
- Blu-ray: https://amzn.to/2T6gye8
Note: The Amazon links on this page are affiliate / associate links. By buying through the links we may receive a commission for the sale. This has no effect on the price you pay.
Update 6 March 2019 – Eureka Entertainment has issued their own trailer
Hopefully this isn’t representative of the Blu-ray version