Powerhouse Films under their Indicator label is releasing The Criminal Acts Of Tod Slaughter: Eight Blood And Thunder Entertainments, 1935-1940 on a Limited Edition Blu-ray this November 2023 in the UK.
This is looking to be another excellent release by Powerhouse Films, they have been newly restored using original film materials preserved at the BFI National Archive and I for one am really looking forward to this release!
THE CRIMINAL ACTS OF TOD SLAUGHTER BLU-RAY (LIMITED EDITION)
This release is limited to 6,000 individually numbered units for the UK and US.
Powerhouse Films say these are new 2K restorations of Maria Marten, or The Murder in the Red Barn, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, The Crimes of Stephen Hawke, It’s Never Too Late to Mend, The Ticket of Leave Man, and Crimes at the Dark House from 4K scans of original 35mm nitrate negative elements.
Meanwhile The Face at the Window is a remastered 4K scan.
BLU-RAY TECHNICAL SPECS
- Region: B
- Video: 1080p High Definition
- Aspect Ratio: TBC
- Audio: Original Mono Soundtracks
- New & Improved English subtitles for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing
- Running Time: 545 mins approx
- Rating: 12
- 120 Page Book
- Audio Commentary with Film Historians Josephine Botting & Vic Pratt on Maria Marten, or The Murder in the Red Barn (2023)
- Audio Commentary with Critics / Authors Stephen Jones & Kim Newman on Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2023)
- Audio Commentary with Critics / Authors David McGillivray and Kim Newman on The Crimes of Stephen Hawke (2023)
- Audio Commentary with Film Historian Josephine Botting & podcaster Dave Thomas on The Ticket of Leave Man (2023)
- Audio Commentary with Critics / Authors Stephen Jones and Kim Newman on Sexton Blake and The Hooded Terror (2023)
- Audio Commentary with Film Historians Kevin Lyons & Jonathan Rigby on The Face at the Window (2023)
- Audio Commentary with Film Historians Kevin Lyons & Jonathan Rigby on Crimes at the Dark House (2023)
- New Interviews with Imogen Slaughter, Great-niece of Tod Slaughter & Her father Giles (2023)
- New Interview with Artist / Illustrator Ania Goszczyńska & Current 93 Channeller / Trance Scribbler David Tibet (2023)
- Stephen Thrower on Tod Slaughter (2023)
- The Tod Slaughter Repertory Company (2023)
- Maria Marten and Sweeney Todd Radio Plays (1932) (Newly Remastered From Original 78 rpm Shellac Discs)
- London After Dark (1926) (First Known Film Footage of Slaughter)
- Tod Slaughter At Home (1936) (Mock Interview with Sweeney Todd, Recorded for the Pathétone Newsreel)
- Pots of Plots (1938) (Short Film in which Slaughter Reprises Three of his Infamous Villainous Roles, Including Sweeney Todd)
- Bothered by A Beard (1946) (Humorous Short Educational Film)
- Puzzle Corner No. 14 (1954) (Slaughter’s Last Appearance On Camera, Delivering A Sweeney Todd Monologue)
- Image Galleries: Promotional & Publicity Material For All Eight Films
- The Crimes of Stephen Hawke Original Treatment Gallery
You can pre-order now on Blu-ray for £59.99 from Amazon. (Price correct as of 26.10.23).
The Amazon links on this page are affiliate / associate links. By buying through the links we may receive a commission for the sale.
Blu-ray releases on 20th November 2023 in the UK.
- UPCOMING 4K UHD / BLU-RAY RELEASES
- NEW DVD MOVIE RELEASES
- WHAT’S ON AT THE CINEMA
- BEST 4K / BLU-RAY PLAYERS
To help support my work, please consider making a donation of just £1 per month via my Patreon channel.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Are you a fan of the Tod Slaughter films? Will you be purchasing The Criminal Acts Of Tod Slaughter: Eight Blood And Thunder Entertainments, 1935-1940 Limited Edition Blu-ray boxset by Indicator? I’d love to hear what you think.
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.