The Criterion Collection are bringing the Charlie Chaplin film The Great Dictator (1940) to blu-ray later this September in the UK.
The Great Dictator Blu-ray – Criterion
This new release comes with a “New high-definition digital restoration” and has “uncompressed monaural soundtrack”.
- New Audio Commentary by Charlie Chaplin Historians Dan Kamin & Hooman Mehran
- The Tramp and the Dictator (2001) (Documentary narrated by Kenneth Branagh)
- 2 New Visual Essays by Chaplin Archivist Cecilia Cenciarelli & Chaplin Biographer Jeffrey Vance
- On-set (Colour Production Footage Shot by Chaplin’s half-brother, Sydney)
- Deleted Scene from Chaplin’s 1919 Film Sunnyside
- Theatrical trailer
- Booklet Featuring Essay by film Critic Michael Wood
You can pre-order now on blu-ray from Amazon for £22.99 (Price correct as of 09.09.22).
The Amazon links on this page are affiliate / associate links. By buying through the links we may receive a commission for the sale.
The blu-ray releases on 26th September 2022 in the UK.
Recent Blu-ray News / Releases
- Double Indemnity (1944) Blu-ray
- Monty Python’s The Meaning Of Life 4K UHD & Bluray
- Shaft (1971) Blu-ray
- Top Gun Maverick 4K UHD, Blu-ray & DVD
Let Us Know What You Think
Does this Charlie Chaplin film interest you? Let me know over on the Popcorn Cinema Show Facebook page.
Check out our blu-ray release dates page for a complete list of upcoming titles.