The BFI are set to release the The Juniper Tree Blu-ray this January 2023 in the UK.
The Juniper Tree Blu-ray (BFI)
The BFI say this release has been “Restored in 4K and presented in High Definition”.
BLU-RAY TECHNICAL SPECS
- Discs: 1
- Region: B
- Video: 1080p High Definition
- Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1
- Audio: PCM 2.0 Mono Audio
- English Language with Optional Subtitles for the Deaf & Partial Hearing
- Running Time: 79 mins approx
- Rating: 15
- Illustrated Booklet
- New Feature Commentary by Icelandic Cultural Scholar Dr Guðrún D Whitehead
- 3 Remastered Short Films by Nietzchka Keene, Still (1978, 4 mins), Hinterland (1981, 25 mins), Aves (1998, 7 mins)
- Video Interview with Cinematographer Randy Sellars (2019, 29 mins)
- Archival Video Interview with Nietzchka Keene (2002, 15 mins)
- Outtakes from The Juniper Tree (5 mins)
- The Witch’s Fiddle (1924, 7 mins) (British Folk rarity from the BFI National Archive)
- Iceland – The Land of Ice and Fire (1929, 22 mins)
- US Theatrical Trailer
You can pre-order now on Blu-ray for £15.99 from Amazon. (Prices correct as of 19.01.23).
The Amazon links on this page are affiliate / associate links. By buying through the links we may receive a commission for the sale.
The Juniper Tree releases on 23rd January 2023 in the UK.
To help support my work, please consider making a donation via our Patreon channel.
Or why not pick up a T-shirt or Mug!
Let Us Know What You Think
Will you be picking it up The Juniper Tree on blu-ray? Let me know over on the Popcorn Cinema Show Twitter or Facebook pages.
Don’t forget to check back soon for more UK Blu-ray news.