88 Films has recently released a Christopher Lee horror film on blu-ray. The Whip And The Body Blu-ray Deluxe Collector’s Edition is a limited edition release.
The Whip And The Body (1963) is Itailian horror film from director Mario Bava starring Christopher Lee, Daliah Lavi and Tony Kendall.
I’ve added the film trailer at the bottom of the page.
THE WHIP AND THE BODY BLU-RAY (DELUXE COLLECTOR’S EDITION)
This release is a “New 4K Scan and 2K Restoration from archive print materials” and is a limited edition of 3000 Units.
BLU-RAY TECHNICAL SPECS
- Discs: 1
- Region: B
- Video: 1080p High Definition
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Audio: 2.0 English LPCM Mono / 2.0 Italian LPCM Mono (Newly Translated English Subtitles)
- Running Time: 87 mins approx
- Rating: 15
- Includes Rigid Slipcase with New Artwork From Sam Gilbey
- 40 Page Perfect-bound Book
- A3 Fold-out Poster
- Reversible Sleeve Featuring Original Italian Poster
- Audio Commentary with Critics Kim Newman and Sean Hogan
- Audio Commentary with Italian Cinema Experts Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson
- The Gothic and the Fantastic – An Interview with Lamberto Bava
- Working with Bava – An Interview with Sergio Martino
- Whipping the Body – An Interview with Ernesto Gastaldi
- German Trailer
- Italian Trailer
- French Trailer
You can purchase now on Blu-ray for £24.99 from Amazon. (Price correct as of 03.04.23).
The Amazon links on this page are affiliate / associate links. By buying through the links we may receive a commission for the sale.
The Whip And The Body releases on 3rd April 2023 in the UK.
Recent 4K UHD, Blu-ray & DVD News
- 100 Years of Warner Bros Classic Hollywood 5 Films 1930s–1960s 4K
- Babylon (2022) 4K UHD, Blu-ray & DVD
- Cool Hand Luke (1967) 4K UHD & Steelbook
- Death in Paradise Series 12 DVD
- Martin (1976) 4K UHD & Blu-ray
- Red Eye (2005) 4K Ultra HD
- Rocky The Knockout Collection 4K UHD
- The Maltese Falcon (1941) 4K UHD & Steelbook
Let Me Know What You Think
Have you seen The Whip And The Body? Are you looking forward to this new blu-ray release? Let me know over on the Popcorn Cinema Show Twitter or Facebook pages.
Don’t forget to check back soon for more UK 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD news.
Trailer NOT representative of 88 Films Blu-ray
Top Picks: Official Movie T-Shirts
Officially Licensed Apparel Available via Amazon Merch On Demand