It’s that time of the week when we take a quick look at what movies are hot at the UK cinema, these figures are for UK Box Office September 1 2017.
UK Box Office September 1 2017
|3||(3)||The Hitman's Bodyguard||Lionsgate||£718,328|
|4||(5)||The Emoji Movie||Sony Pictures||£716,139|
|6||(6)||Annabelle: Creation||Warner Bros||£572,226|
|7||(8)||Despicable Me 3||Universal||£515,332|
|9||New||The Limehouse Golem||Lionsgate||£371,412|
Tom Cruise continues to pilot American Made well as it stays number one for a second week with cinema takings of £968,068. Warner Bros must be delighted with Dunkirk’s performance as it stays second taking £935,980. What’s even more impressive is that’s after seven weeks on release and gross to date figures of £53,735,483.
Only one new film makes the top ten this week and it’s the horror/thriller The Limehouse Golem, entering at nine with takings of £371,412. Third and fourth places are seperated by a very small margin. The Hitman’s Bodyguard & The Emoji Movie taking £718,328 against £716,139 respectively.
Which of these films did you go to see and was it worthy of your time? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below:
Looking for a Blu-ray to watch at home?
- Blood Father (2016) [Mel Gibson]
- Castle Keep (1969) [Burt Lancaster]
- Criminal (2016) [Kevin Costner]
- His Girl Friday (1940) [Cary Grant]
- Hell Drivers (1957) [Stanley Baker]
- Inception (2010) [Christopher Nolan / Leonardo DiCaprio
- Night Train Murders (1975) [Aldo Lado]
- The Amityville Horror (1979) [James Brolin/Margot Kidder/Rod Steiger]
- The Blue Lamp (1950) [Jack Warner]
Don’t forget to check back every Thursday as we go through the week’s new cinema releases along with their film trailers.
One of the new cinema offerings this week is IT, based on the Stephen King story, more on that on Thursday.
I’ll leave you with the movie trailer for American Made