It’s that time of the week when we take a quick look at what movies are hot at the UK cinema, these figures are for UK Cinema Charts September 8 2017.
UK Cinema Charts September 8 2017
|4||(4)||The Emoji Movie||Sony Pictures||£546,248|
|5||(3)||The Hitman's Bodyguard||Lionsgate||£484,936|
|6||New||Wind River||STX Entertainment||£437,899|
|7||(7)||Despicable Me 3||Universal||£380,436|
|9||(9)||The Limehouse Golem||Lionsgate||£237,824|
No surprise as Stephen King’s IT enters at number one taking a massive £10,002,443 over the weekend. Who said nobody likes creepy clowns, well clearly Warner Bros do. Elsewhere on the chart Wind River enters in sixth place taking only £437,899.
Last week’s number one American Made starring Tom Cruise falls to two taking £674,106, whilst Dunkirk moves to three still impressing with cinema takings of £629,435. One film saying goodbye to the top 10 is horror film Annabelle: Creation which falls to number 12 taking £164,158.
Which of these films did you go to see and was it worthy of your time? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below:
Looking for a Blu-ray to watch at home?
- Blood Father (2016) [Mel Gibson]
- Castle Keep (1969) [Burt Lancaster]
- Criminal (2016) [Kevin Costner]
- His Girl Friday (1940) [Cary Grant]
- Hell Drivers (1957) [Stanley Baker]
- Night Train Murders (1975) [Aldo Lado]
- The Amityville Horror (1979) [James Brolin/Margot Kidder/Rod Steiger]
- The Blue Lamp (1950) [Jack Warner]
- The Hills Have Eyes (1977) [Wes Craven]
- The Magus (1968) [Michael Caine]
- The Parole Officer (2001) [Steve Coogan]
- The Stone Killer (1973) [Charles Bronson]
Don’t forget to check back every Thursday as we go through the week’s new cinema releases along with their film trailers.
One of the new cinema offerings this week is the Jennifer Lawrence thriller, Mother! more on that on Thursday.
I’ll leave you with the movie trailer for Stephen King’s IT