It’s that time of the week when we take a quick look at what movies are hot at the US cinema, these figures are for US cinema charts December 15 2017.
US Cinema Charts December 15 2017
|1||New||Star Wars Ep. VIII: The Last Jedi||Walt Disney||$220,009,584|
|2||New||Ferdinand||20th Century Fox||$13,401,586|
|5||(2)||Justice League||Warner Bros||$4,309,225|
|6||(6)||Daddy’s Home 2||Paramount Pictures||$3,812,824|
|7||(5)||Thor: Ragnarok||Walt Disney||$3,133,416|
|8||(4)||The Disaster Artist||A24||$2,717,237|
|9||(7)||Murder on the Orient Express||20th Century Fox||$2,527,507|
Can you guess which movie is at number one this week? Of course you can its the sci-fi adventure Star Wars Ep. VIII: The Last Jedi. Disney must be over the moon with it’s first weekend performance as it took a massive $220,009,584. Compare that to fellow new entry Ferdinand in second place’s cinema takings of just $13,401,586 and it really does give an idea of how impressive the new Star Wars film is doing.
Looking for some recommended Blu-ray/DVD releases?
- Mission: Impossible (1996) Blu-ray Review
- Mission: Impossible 2 (2000) Blu-ray Review
- Mission Impossible 3 Blu-ray Review (2006)
- Taken (2008) Blu-ray Review
- Taken 2 (2012) Blu-ray Review
- Taken 3 (2015) Blu-ray Review
- Find out what’s hot in the UK Cinema Charts
- Upcoming Cinema & Blu-ray Releases