It’s that time of the week when we take a quick look at what movies are hot at the US cinema, these figures are for US cinema charts December 29 2017.
US Cinema Charts December 29 2017 (Box office results this weekend)
|1||(1)||Star Wars Ep. VIII: The Last Jedi||Walt Disney||$52,520,140|
|2||(2)||Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle||Sony Pictures||$50,051,364|
|3||(3)||Pitch Perfect 3||Universal||$16,810,135|
|4||(4)||The Greatest Showman||20th Century Fox||$15,520,732|
|5||(5)||Ferdinand||20th Century Fox||$11,386,612|
|7||New||All the Money in the World||Sony Pictures||$5,584,684|
|8||(8)||Darkest Hour||Focus Features||$5,485,570|
|10||(9)||Father Figures||Warner Bros||$3,821,365|
Yes the force is still strong despite a challenge by Sony Pictures Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. Star Wars took $52,520,140 at the box office against Jumanji’s $50,051,364. However The Last Jedi has pretty amazing gross to date figures of wait for it… $517,218,368.
Elsewhere on the movie chart there was only one new entry, All the Money in the World which came in at number seven taking $5,584,684.
Looking for some recommended Blu-ray/DVD releases?
- Mission: Impossible (1996) Blu-ray Review
- Mission: Impossible 2 (2000) Blu-ray Review
- Mission Impossible 3 Blu-ray Review (2006)
- Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol Blu-ray Review (2011)
- Lights Out (2016) Blu-ray Review
- It Follows (2014) Blu-ray Review
- The Uninvited (2009) Blu-ray Review
- Find out what’s hot in the UK Cinema Charts
- Upcoming Cinema & Blu-ray Releases
I’ll leave you with the movie trailer for Star Wars Ep. VIII: The Last Jedi
Note: The Amazon links on this page are affiliate / associate links. By buying through the links we may receive a commission for the sale. This has no effect on the price you pay.