It’s that time of the week when we take a quick look at the box office movies this week and find out which movies are hot. These are the figures for US cinema charts January 5 2018.
US Cinema Charts January 5 2018 (Box office results this weekend)
|1||(2)||Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle||Sony Pictures||$37,233,653|
|2||New||Insidious: The Last Key||Universal||$29,581,355|
|3||(1)||Star Wars Ep. VIII: The Last Jedi||Walt Disney||$23,728,944|
|4||(4)||The Greatest Showman||20th Century Fox||$13,770,951|
|5||(3)||Pitch Perfect 3||Universal||$10,298,345|
|6||(5)||Ferdinand||20th Century Fox||$7,697,773|
|7||(13)||Molly’s Game||STX Entertainment||$6,956,578|
|8||(8)||Darkest Hour||Focus Features||$6,050,225|
|10||(7)||All the Money in the World||Sony Pictures||$3,571,226|
The the force is beginning to weaken as last week’s number one, Star Wars Ep. VIII: The Last Jedi falls to number three with takings of $23,728,944. That means the new number one movie is Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle with box office takings of $37,233,653 which will no doubt pleaase Sony Pictures.
Elsewhere on the movie chart there was only one new entry, horror film Insidious: The Last Key which enters at two taking an impressive $29,581,355.
Looking for some recommended Blu-ray/DVD releases?
- Minority Report Blu-ray Review (2002)
- Mission: Impossible (1996) Blu-ray Review
- Lights Out (2016) Blu-ray Review
- Mission: Impossible 2 (2000) Blu-ray Review
- It Follows (2014) Blu-ray Review
- Mission Impossible 3 Blu-ray Review (2006)
- The Uninvited (2009) Blu-ray Review
- Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol Blu-ray Review (2011)
- Find out what’s hot in the UK Cinema Charts
- Upcoming Cinema & Blu-ray Releases
I’ll leave you with the movie trailer for Insidious: The Last Key
Note: The Amazon links on this page are affiliate / associate links. By buying through the links we may receive a commission for the sale. This has no effect on the price you pay.